Been working in Ministry for years? Served as a counselor, missionary, pastor, preacher, or teacher? You could be eligible to use your ministry experience for college credits toward your degree at Dominion Theological Seminary.
The Life Experience Assessment Program (LEAP) is designed to apply college credits towards the Degree Program of the student’s choice. This affords the student to be credited with what they have already learned. In addition, students who qualify for LEAP may be able to reduce their course load by as much as 30%.
LEAP is designed to bestow college level credits to individuals who submit valid and verifiable information on their resume to be accredited towards their Degree Program. Prior learning, work/ministry/military experience, seminars attended, books read and professional licenses, certificates and diplomas are evaluated for credit. LEAP also allows a student to have up to 30 credits awarded towards their Degree Program.
In order to qualify for the LEAP Program, the student must present verifiable proof of the following:
- All previous credit earned (must submit official transcripts)
- All previously earned Certificates, Diplomas and/or Degrees (photocopies of originals)
- A complete Professional/Theological/Ministerial Resume
- Listing of books read, courses and seminars attended (credit or non-credit)
- If the student has published theological works, the student must present copies of all such works to the LEAP Review Committee
The applicant must complete a Portfolio Assessment Evaluation which is required to review and calculate total credits to be awarded for prior learning and professional credits earned. Our LEAP Program Instructors will teach you how to articulate and organize your achievements into an assessment portfolio that’s ready to be examined and credited to your degree.
In addition to completing the Portfolio Assessment Evaluation, the student must also complete a 400 question Bible knowledge exam. This is a College-Level Examination. This rigorous program allows students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds to demonstrate their mastery of introductory college-level material and earn college credit. Students can earn credit for what they already know by getting qualifying score upon completing this examination.
How to Apply:
Complete and submit the DTS LEAP application. If you qualify for the LEAP Program you will also be required to pass the 400 question DTS Bible Knowledge Equivalency Exam.
You will be eligible for the LEAP Program after you have done the following:
- Submit your completed DTS LEAP Application along with the required documents to complete your Portfolio Assessment.
- Receive a passing score of no less than 70% on the DTS Bible Knowledge Equivalency Exam.
- Submit $150.00 for LEAP Application Fee.
Be sure to follow the following instructions carefully before submitting your LEAP Application. Failure to submit accurate information will be grounds for rejection of your application.
The DTS Bible Knowledge Equivalency Exam will be emailed to you after the Portfolio Assessment fee has been made.