Credit Hours: 45
Prerequisites: Master’s Degree or Equivalent
The Doctor of Christian Education (EdD) degree program is designed to provide advanced training in Biblical principles of Christian Education. This degree prepares one to do educational tasks in a Christian setting. Among these are teaching, supervising, developing, and implementing Christian education programs.
Courses You’ll Complete to Earn Your Degree
- GCED 610 The Importance of Christian Education
- CED 311 Childhood Christian Education
- GBNT 540 The Letters of Peter
- GBTH 620 Christian Apologetics
- GCED 620 Tutoring, Mentoring, Teaching, Learning
- GCED 600 Creative Bible Teaching
- GBTH – 560 Graduate Hermeneutics
- BPA 370 Homiletics
- GCCS 629 Counseling, Psychology and the Christian
- GCCS 540 Pastoral Counseling
- BPA 240 Preparation for Ministry I
- BPA 250 Preparation for Ministry II
Upon completing the C.Ed.D. program, students will have received the following:
- A general level of competence in the literature and practice of education, especially educational philosophy and history, curriculum, and instruction
- The ability to teach with creativity and active engagement in both academic and pastoral contexts
- The ability to demonstrate an advanced and critical study of educational theory and practice as it relates to local church and other ministry contexts.
- The capacity to demonstrate advanced-level of ministry skills
Before graduating with a Doctor of Christian Education (EdD), the student must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete at least 45 semester credit hours
- Complete all required coursework, essays, homework, and exams for the respective degree
- Have at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a scale of 4.0.
- Complete Dominion Theological Seminary’s Degree Completion Application.
Total Cost w/o Books: $3,000.00 (Payment Arrangement Accepted)